Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Crafty Christmas Cheer........

So, felt a little bit crafty today....
I have been toying with a few Christmassy things I could do with the kids. I will share anything that turns out to be non-embarassing. I also promise to work on my photography.
I am not really sure what percentage of my loyal readership is into craft, but its my blog so sit back and enjoy...

First project I wanted to try, and also start a new tradition, is a front door decoration.
I plan to do a new one each year.
I am in to the traditional wreath as much as the next suburbanite diva, but I thought I'd try something different. 

Here is what I needed:

Christmas decorations (three part stars which I separated from one another)
Jute twine (I love this stuff)
A eucalyptus branch (or you know, what ev's) I just love the colour and texture of the ol' gum tree

Look, its not brain surgery, I tied the long bits of just twine on the branch with equidistant spacing in mind. I tied bows and put a little blob of PVA glue under each so they don't slide around.


Then I tied the stars on in random spacings... I had pictured a star shower, awwww.
And here is the final product.
I wanted something pretty and joyful but non-traditional and you should know I HATE GLITTER. (I know, I know....... but I do.) So whilst I chose very glittery stars, I counterbalanced them with humble jute and wood. See what I did there?

Dodgy photography doesn't do justice to the cuteness. Hope you like it!
Its shabby chic meets aussie bush glamour noel.... LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment