Friday, May 3, 2013

Sharing is caring..... ;-)

Hi Groovers.

So, I promised yesterday in a careless moment that I would write more today.

TD&H and the kiddies have gone to the circus tonight and I am home alone.... again.
Its just me, Better Homes and Gardens and a small Sav Blanc I am trying to make last.

I thought I might try to make light of the current topic (Hey, its hard to make cancer funny, ok?) and let you in on some of the more No-WAY! moments, and hopefully share a laugh.

This is going to be at the cutting edge of SHARING so if youre sensitive, look away now.

I promise, however that I will not mention in any detail the following:

Not being allowed to shower for two weeks, despite lying in bed 24/7 and thereby becoming stinky as a bag full of hockey socks.
Not being able to apply deodorant because my armpits are so swollen its hard to tell where they start and end.
Not being able to reach where my armpits are... or should be.
Not being able to reach my own bum.
Not needing to worry about reaching my own bum as not able to........ never mind.

Any way, enough of the things I couldnt do!
Here are some of the amazing things I wasnt expecting I COULD do:

Stay alive for 11 hours and 15 minutes under general anesthetic. And live to pay the bill....
Survive my poor sister shaving my horrifically misshapen armpits.
Get my monthlies two days after major surgery when I cant yet walk unaided.... true story.
Watch kids' TV in hospital, alone, because I missed my kids so much.
Say No, yuk! to wine.

Any way, thats about all I need to share about the Hospital Days of my Life and next post will be a dedication to my perfect little lady, Miss 7.
(She had her birthday while I was in the Big House.)
Followed by 'How I have managed to re-gain the weight lost in hospital... ie. The kindness of strangers"

Love. Xx




No comments:

Post a Comment