Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Vietnamese Shaking Beef

We had a family lunch on the weekend and I made a dish I have done a few times before. It always gets rave reviews and even though I am vegetarian, I can just tell it's good.
Its easy, it smells amazing and it goes with wine. Three thumbs up. Give it a go for groups in a casual setting.
So here goes my recipe:

Ingredients

5 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup of fish sauce
2 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs vegetable oil
800g beef cut into thin strips (I use rump steak)
1/3 cup lemon juice
1tsp ground white pepper
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp salt

Mix up the crushed garlic, fish sauce, sugar and 2 tsp oil in a large dish.
Add the beef strips and coat well. cover and pop into fridge for an hour.

Mix the lemon juice, both peppers and salt in a jug. Put aside.

Fry up the beef strips in batches in the remaining oil until just brown.

I serve the shaking beef on a platter piled with rice, and drizzle with lemon pepper dressing.

This goes really well with a crunchy salad using iceberg lettuce, radishes, cucumber, snow peas, capsicum and bean sprouts.

And wine.

Enjoy!

**I did not take this photo. I lifted it from Google. xx



No comments:

Post a Comment