Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Food as therapy

I know they say food is the most widely abused drug, but I figure theyre talking about hungry jacks right?

This rainy weather plus uni break plus really tired equals bored and feeling lowly.

So today I thought NO!
Do something that will lift your spirits girl....

Cook! I thought.
I hate cooking. The kind that requires something to be on the plate at 6pm every night. and NOURISH, DAMN IT, NOURISH!!!!!!

It drains the life out of me.

So heres what I did.
I decamped to Besties for coffee.
With this:

My inspiration when I got none.

And I hit my hunt and gather place. Harris Farm

I got inspired to cook Raspberry Mousse, Rustic Porcini Mushroom Soup, and Moroccan Chick Peas with Preserved Lemon.
Serious.

The mousse.... I gotta say, it was expensive, it cost me about an hour and these two

Stiff white peaks WTF!!!??? Theres no such thing people, its a myth......
Ask my two hand beaters.... but they wont answer... they're dead.
Like, smoke and zzz zzz zzz ZAP.

But the kids ate them mousse.
So..... that's what counts isn't it?

Yes that is a finger print.... not my finger.

So Stephanie Alexandra has this amazing recipe for chick peas. I hate cutting onions. But if Stephanie Alexandra says cut four large onions, you cut them.
But T,D&H taught me this trick
Swimming goggles.
Don't tell him, but it works a treat.
Stylin' huh?

My kitchen was my Happy place today.
I just cooked for the joy of it.
No pressure, not time constraints, nobody around.
So grey skies or not, I have a plan for blue days when they appear.
and PS




Cheers friends!
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment