Thursday, September 11, 2014

Going Home

So, as some of you know, I'm going home this weekend for two weeks.

I am very lucky to have grown up here
 
 
No kidding. That's Cairns, my home town.
 
I am so excited about the warmth, the beach, the seafood, the friends, the family and showing my kids so many wonderful places where I have the best memories of growing up.
 
But I am also a little apprehensive.
 
I haven't been home for three years.
The last time I was in Cairns, we were living there, looking after my mum.
 
This time she wont be there.
For the first time.
I have flown home to Cairns dozens of times, and she was always there.
Waiting at arrivals.
 
I don't really know what to expect. Maybe nothing, but maybe lots of memories and reminders.
 
It's ok. It's going to be an amazing holiday, we've been working up to it for so long.
I cant wait to hug my Nan.
And have a cocktail with my friends, and take my kids and husband to beautiful places they haven't been before. And catch up with my family after so long.
 
But there's a little uncertainty just sitting there.
 
It'll probably be just the same as always.
Beautiful, relaxed, friendly, hot.
 
Maybe it's me who's different this time.
xxx
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment