Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Happy 70th Ma

It's my Mum's birthday today.
Or it would have been.
She would have been 70 today, which is completely ridiculous.
She always seemed like 44 going on 22 to me.
 
 
So, if you've read my blog before you'll have read about my Mum, how she was the life of the party, hard working, champagne loving, family devoted, an incredible mother to me and my sister.
 
You'll also know that she was taken by cancer three years ago.
 
Sometimes it seems like yesterday and sometimes its hard to even remember. And that's pretty awful.
 
The only way to keep people alive is to talk about them and I don't feel like I talk about her enough.
Life moves on and I hate that.
She just isn't here any more, no matter how you dress it up.
 
If you've lost your Mum, you'll know that it bites.
It bites right into your heart.
Hard.
You can actually feel it.
Almost as much as you can feel the space she's left.
 
 
 

So, anyway, I really miss her on days like this.
I wish she was here for my kids to spoil and to have too much Champagne with.
Hug your Mum tight if you're lucky enough to be able to.
'Cause when she's gone, it bites.
 

 
Happy Birthday Ma, always in our hearts. Xxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment