Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Home Truth....


I love to observe how long my husband can stand and stare into the fridge when I have asked him to pass something out.... I say "love to" in the sense that it can actually reduce me to tears when, from the other side of the room, I can see the item on the top shelf, front and center and I have given him the location with the most specific co-ordinates (you know, in front of this, to the left of that...)

I have a theory hubby does it on purpose... possibly so I will stop requesting help with menial tasks.

Pleased to report that Mr 3 is looking to be developing the same sharpened sense of domestic savvy.

Mr 3: Where is my dinosaur?
Me: Its in the lounge room, on the big couch.
Mr 3: Where is the big couch?
Me: In the lounge room.
Mr 3: Where is the lounge room? (I am not making this up)
Me: (pointing) Right there in that room, where the couches are.
Mr 3: Couches?
Me: (trying not to cry) I'll get it for you.

I have a similar theory about my son.



No comments:

Post a Comment