Tuesday, October 9, 2012

5 disturbing changes in me which may or may not have anything to do with Ageing...




The following points have come to my attention lately and I am concerned that they may put me into the category of "mumsie", "aged", "frumpy" or even worse "old"....

1. I hate clothes shopping.
   The equilibrium required for enjoying clothes shopping has been upset irreversibly upset for me.
   Its  a very delicate equation which I am sure you are aware of:
  
        QUIET + CONCENTRATION + SPECIAL OCCASION  + ME TIME
    > ANYONE NOTICING WHAT YOU'RE WEARING  X  FEELING SEXY
                           -------------------------------------------------------
        SPARE MONEY <  STOMACH NOT DESTROYED BY PREGNANCY

  = ENJOYMENT OF CLOTHES SHOPPING

   You see the constants and the variables are all buggered. (That's a mathematical term....)


2. I find myself enjoying a throw. You know the soft fluffy bits of pointless fabric you drape over chairs and beds? Only moments ago, I am sure I thought them dust collecting and contrived rubbish, now I am oddly drawn to their ability to add colour and texture..... I told you this was disturbing.

3. I own linen skirts and trousers, and yesterday, I IRONED some of these items.....

4. The youth of today deeply concern me. They are untidy and they think that's cool. They swear too much, their music is vile rubbish and they think the world owes them a favour. (I realize of course that this is a drastic generalization and I'm wondering whether this isn't another sign of potential old-ness....?) In my day we were never like that I can assure you.
 
5.  I have to keep asking my husband what year it is. And then we have wrinkled brow conversation where we hold up our thumb and fingers and glancing skyward have to count for a minute til we can agree. True story.


***Credit: that this post is inspired by my new FAVE blog The Domestic Project. Please check her out she is Hilarious and I want to be like her when I grow up.

1 comment:

  1. Lol Christine it is a sign of "Maturing" not getting old

    ReplyDelete