Thursday, October 4, 2012

Lower your voice Dude!!!


So I was at the park yesterday, and my children as usual were behaving like angels and playing beautifully (!!!!!!)
No, they actually were, but there was one downer: three teenagers with skate boards and nothing to do but tip sticky fizzy drink all over the small children's' play equipment.
Worst of all they were swearing like sailors. Really swearing, all the worst words and really loud. My blood was understandably boiling. I literally had to bite my tongue.
 I know this will divide the crowd, and some would say I should have spoken up, but I know my husband would have told me to stay out of trouble just me against them with two small children in my care. They could have come back at me with all sorts of abuse and that would have upset my kids way more than rude words they didn't understand.

Anyway, Mr 3 announces that he wants to go on the swings - the same ones the teenagers were standing on and smoking.
So I said in a soft voice, "Lets just wait mate til those stupid idiots are off the swings..."
I know I shouldn't have said that but I was becoming quite furious.

A few minutes later, the teenagers abandon the swings and move on to the small children's climbing frame.
Mr 3 announces at FULL volume (delighted to use the S word) "Come on, those stupid idiots are off the swings now!"

Time stood still - what will unfold now I thought in slow motion......


Well, blow me down if those idiots didnt pick up their skateboards and bugger off!
I should have just set Mr 3 on them in the first place!


No comments:

Post a Comment