Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Heart Full of Gratitude

So I've woken up this morning feeling a little bit soppy.

My little fella crawled into bed with me this morning (at a reasonable hour) and I had a moment where I thought, geez I'm lucky. So lucky to be squashed in amongst snoring, slightly overheated bodies with not quite enough blanket. Then I realised its Saturday! Yay! Then my little fella started to winge at me to get up RIGHT NOW and get him some warm Milo NOOOOOW and my bubble burst a little bit....

But I digress.

Of course we all feel a little bit full of love when you wake up and its sunny, and its Saturday, but thats not what has me counting blessings this morning. Last night I had a rare and wonderful night with The Girls. These nights don't happen often enough any more, that just comes with the Motherhood territory as you probably know. The gathering of five beautiful friends started, as is often the case, with a little war-weary sighing about the week, there had obviously been some tears, some ups and some downs going on since our last get together. The range of topics we get to cover in these rare gatherings would truly astound standers by, we can fling from sandwich fillings, to Cesarian scars and back to soccer and sex before the first glass of bubbly is down the hatch. (Soccer and sex NOT being in the same conversation.) After about three hours of non-stop, overlapping chin wagging and glass draining, I stood back and thought Shit. I'm lucky. So lucky to have friends that feel like family. When you can start a sentence with "would you be worried if...?", "do you think its weird that..." and know that your deepest worries and life dramas can be wrapped, stamped and posted while your glass is being refilled and all of a sudden you feel better, you know you have friends as family. See? Lucky.

Then it got me thinking of all the amazing friends who are so far away, and instead of feeling sorry for myself, I felt grateful that no matter how long it goes sometimes, you can still flick off a quick "you rock, girlfriend" text and they are back in your heart and in your thoughts. See, I told you - soppy.

So you see, bucketful's of laughter and champers have me feeling pretty Saturday-ish this morning, I am even grateful for the sinkful of dishes, cause it represents the food we ate last night, which, however lower-deck (fish fingers!), remind me of what we have when others go hungry. See? grateful. And maybe still a little tipsy......! ;)

Its an awesome day to have an awesome day!!! Ok, now i may have gone too far....

No comments:

Post a Comment