Saturday, August 11, 2012

Top 10 pieces of advice I have been given



1. If you dont laugh, you cry. (my sister Kate)

2. Red wine gets rid of the headache cause by too much coffee. (my sister Anna)

3. Just be Chris. (my Mum)

4. Say "Goodbye and I love you" to your husband in the birthing suite, and you can say "hello old friend" in about five years time. (no one actually said this to me but they f*#ing should have!)

5. If you do your washing on a cold, 15 minute express wash and the washing powder doesnt go in, you cant really call that clean, and probably you should do it again. (my sister Kate)

6. Have loads of sex. (wedding day advice from a family member who shall remain nameless)

7. Do you want to be right? Or do you want to be happy? (Dr. Phil - shut up, I love Dr Phil!)

8. Dont forget to Breathe! (best labour advice ever from my friend Gail A)

9. I'm not sure making your own wedding cake is a very good idea, Chris. You dont know how to bake and you dont have any time.... (right again Mum!)

10. If you build it, he will come..... oh no wait.....

4 comments:

  1. Some very wise words, especially from Kate, sounds like she's a keeper :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ange! I suppose its no wonder I am in constant chaos if these are my guiding lights! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robby's advice (no.3) is great - it's a lifetime job but.

    ReplyDelete