Friday, August 10, 2012

Junction Town, no trains in sight....

I was thinking about starting a blog called "Completely Bored out of my Skull", but then I thought that might sound a little bit negative.

You see, I'm at a junction in my life, I know I'm not alone, there are plenty of us here (hello girls!). We've had out baby's and made grand declarations that the shop is shut and there will be no more. Said baby's have started school and preschool and we FINALLY have the longed-for time off we have angst-ed for. Long days of luxurious quiet: massages, afternoon naps, a spotless house, hobbies, perhaps a lovely little part-time job, a knock-out figure from diligently attending gym....

Well I dont know if its just too much of a good thing, but, all of the above has gotten a bit boring really. And I have never even had ONE massage. Or attained that dream figure. As for spotless and house going together.... AND the "day" that exists between school drop-off and pick-up isnt really even a DAY!!!

And Breathe......

So, the long and the short of it, I suppose, is I feel like I dont really have a purpose any more. I'm a bit of a shell. A shell with no brain. Its time for the next phase and and its pretty scary. Well for me it is anyway... plenty of women skate elegantly from breastfeeding to business ownership without chipping a nail. And plenty of others keep having more baby's and are endlessly gracious and fulfilled, and organized and non-chaotic, and well, grown up. I am not any of those women. There seems to be a fine line between grasping this amazing opportunity for a new start and really doing something meaningful; and applying for a shelf packing job at Bi-Lo. When all is said and done, Bi-Lo pays and I will meet people over the age of 6, and its better than sitting around moaning about being bored... right?

Dont get me wrong - dishes and washing and mopping and more dishes are all stimulating as hell, it just feels like it's time. For what? Dont ask stupid questions, I've got dishes to do.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe u should write a book... do a series doesnt have to a novel.. heart of ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. heart of a grey haired sandwich stuffer? xxx

    ReplyDelete